Monday, November 5, 2012

Tattoo Inspirations

There are many ways to get inspired for your new tattoo.  Some people go to a tattoo shop on a whim and just pick something off the wall, but remember if you do this there is a possibility that many people could have the very same tattoo.  Of course you could always ask the shop tattooist to modify it to make it special for you.  Tattoo magizines or websites are a good website for ideas as well as finding some really great artist.  You could browse the internet for ideas and there are many websites geared towards helping you find your next tattoo idea.  Such as http://www.tattoojohnny.com/ or http://www.bullseyetattoos.com/ which can be useful, but beware of paying for a tattoo design online.  Your tattoo artist will gladly design an individual and unique tattoo for you, you are already going to pay for their services you might as well let them enjoy the accomplishment of doing it whole tattoo from start to finish.  They normally do not charge anymore for the design.  If you have an idea of what you want it is useful to take pictures of what you want to the tattooist.  For example if you want flowers, it is useful to take pictures of what type a flowers you want or the coloring.  If you say roses, they may not invision the same variety that you do since there are so many.  Or they may not be familiar with the type of flower you are wanting.  You don't even have to print it out, sometimes just having it on your phone to show will do just fine.  When I went to get my sleeve done, I knew I wanted a sugar skull, flowers (but I didn't want the typical roses that normally used with skulls) so I choose tropical flowers, and the nautical stars.  I took some examples and let the artist (whom I did alot of research on to find the right one for the type of work I wanted done) and let the artist put it all together.  Once she came up with the design and lay out I had her change a few things I didn't like, such as the design around the sugar skulls eyes and came up with a tattoo I am absolutely in love with.  Their job is to come up with a tattoo that you love and will love for a long time.  Don't ever settle.  If one artist cannot do it, go to another.  At the same time, they cant pull an idea out of thin air.  You have to give them something to work with.

Here is a website of flower pics and meanings of the flowers
http://www.theflowerexpert.com/content/aboutflowers/flower-meanings....google images are also a great resource for any image you want to look for.
Lily symbolizes purity and refined beauty. White lily symbolizes modesty and virginity, orange lily symbolizes passion, yellow lily symbolizes gaiety while Lily of the Valley symbolizes sweetness and purity of heart. The Easter lily is the symbol of the Virgin Mary.
 
 
Pinterest also has a new category of Tattoos.  There people post their own tattoos, drawings, and pictures of stuff that they think would be great for a tattoo.  Which is always a great starting place.  I have also pinned alot of things that I have found interesting on my own tattoo board.  Feel free to follow me on it or any of my other boards.  Follow me on pinterest
These are some interesting pics I have found on Pinterest (you have to go to the link to follow the to get the orgin My tattoo Pinterest board.)





 

I always recommend the people that I know who are wanting to get a tattoo to have an idea of what you want and give a little creative freedom to the artist to finish the design for you.  In the end this will normally come out to be a better tattoo.  Because not only are you getting what you want but the tattooist also feels more connect to the piece and can feel more creative allowing them creative juices to flow.


No comments:

Post a Comment